00 Rear hatch lock issues anyone with a diagram? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

00 Rear hatch lock issues anyone with a diagram?

Glen4X4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lewistown, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
00 XLT started out the hatch wouldn't open so tore the panel off and opened manually to find the piece that connects into the exterior handle popped out and then still wouldn't open so I adjusted the rod clips and now it opens but now I noticed it won't lock. I can see the actuator move and see a rod moving but not sure if its moving to the extent it maybe suppose to move and hard to see in. Does anyone have any suggestions or have run into the problem? I didn't turn up any search results to this. Does anyone have a hatch diagram so I don't have to go to the Ford Garage?

Thanks!

I had a similar problem with mine. I think yours is different than my set up (95) but I had a little coil spring fall off the lock mechanism that prevented it from working. I found the spring at the bottom of the hatch after I removed the panel. Figured out where it went, and viola! worky worky!

Yea...everything seems as if its there I see parts move when I press the lock button but yet it'll still open up. I knew it wasn't working when I bought it but that just gave me a little better deal on it. My manual don't have a diagram to see if something is missing or outta place.

Back