• Register Today It's free!

02 center console power outlet

camaro_guy_z28

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer
The center console power outlet in my 02 explorer does not work. Any ideas? Could someone tell me where the fuse is located? Thanks

Did you check the owner's manual?

i had this issue as well. I believe there is a fuse near the driver's side kick panel. There is also 2 fuses located under the hood in the fuse block. Labeled power point 1 and 2 i believe. If i remember, check fuses 9 and 11. (check you book) I replaced mine recently and they started to work again.

It is a large block fuse under the hood and about $4. 15 amps i believe.

12V Outlets

i had this issue as well. I believe there is a fuse near the driver's side kick panel. There is also 2 fuses located under the hood in the fuse block. Labeled power point 1 and 2 i believe. If i remember, check fuses 9 and 11. (check you book) I replaced mine recently and they started to work again.

It is a large block fuse under the hood and about $4. 15 amps i believe.

The outlet closest to the driver is on only when the engine is running. However, very few devices will work in that out, Air compressor, Accessories etc. They don't seem to be able to make contact with the positive plate way way inside. I you test with a meter you'll find out it is alive as I did. My GPS Garmin adapter barely makes contact, every so slightly but that is all I have been successfull plugging in their. Cooler don't work either. As for fuses they are outlined in the owners manual.

Back