02' mounty ROUGH idle, p1151, p1131.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

02' mounty ROUGH idle, p1151, p1131..

Mussin

Reaction score
City, State
Lima,Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Mountaineer
Just had the transmission replaced and now it is ideling real irratic! surging from 600 to 1500, sometimes stuttering when I take off. The Check engine light was on and I drove over to advance auto and they read p1131 and p1151 codes.. Where do I go from here? Just remembered when I got my truck back it does have a small exhaust leak on the driver side, you can barely hear it. Could that be throwing it off?

THANKS guys

Jeremy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just checked a few things.. Oh BTW this is a 4.6l V8... Unplugged the Mass air meter and car died so I assume its working. Used a propane torch to try to find vaccume leaks, Nothing. Tried around the 90deg elbow that everyone has problems with, nothing.

What next to try?

Jeremy

I took it over to a mechanic friends house tonight to do some trouble shooting. We first scanned the codes:
p-1151, p-1131, p0152

Fuel pressure checked 65psi and didnt move with unhooking the vac. from the FP reg. Fuel press also didnt move while revving the motor. Fuel pressure specs are 39-65 so it is in spec, high but in there. The truck seems to be stuck in open loop, the pre cat o2's are showing no voltage??? All fuses checked good? It was getting dark so we gave up for the night. The mountaineer ran fine today except for 1 time, it surged @ idle. This is driving me nutz!!

ANY ideas?????

Jeremy

anyone have any ideas??

Jeremy

Just checked the heaters on the sensore and they work.. This is pissing me off...

ANYONE?????????

Jeremy

Did you ever figure out what your problem was?

On behalf of Mussin who sent me an email, o2 sensors (front) were replaced and that fixed his problem.

Back