• Register Today It's free!

02 sport keyless entry location

trailblazer295

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer Sport
As most people with used X's the card with my keyless entry code was lost by the previous owner. I did know the code at one time but can't remember it anymore so have to find it again. I have been reading conflicting information about where this code is located. I'm almost certain I didn't remove the airbag to get it, and I have checked the jack compartment and don't see any modules. I see the seat belt box and the jack. The manual say it is located on the computer module, but it doesn't say where this module is. Any help is appreciated.

Remembered I had keys made when I purchased the vehicle, the dealership gave me the code.

I just did this 2 days ago on my 01 Sport. The keyless moduele was in the drivers side rear cargo area jack compartment. After popping off the cover, you should see the module all the way towards the front of the vehicle, its not in plain sight. I disconnected the 2 gray wiring connectors on it and used the remote to confirm this was definitely the module. Shine a light in there and look for the 5 digit code.

Back