• Register Today It's free!

03 ex eddie bauer strut ques

gforceman

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia beach VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 limited 4.6 V8
replaced my front struts in my 03 ex ( monroe reflex from autozone ) and has anyone had any experiences with them im not happy with them the ride isnt smooth feels like the struts are weak when hitting a bump in the road its not a thump but a bang and some bouncing i need a sugestion of what strut to use to get that nice quiet smooth ride , i havent replaced the rear oem struts as of yet there is 160k on them there bad as well.

Try replacing those monroes with KYBs or anything else... you might find, like I did, there is a fitment problem with 03s. I switched out to KYB in front, no issues.. smooth as silk!

i noticed something wasnt right while i installed them ( strut length ) seemed short not much travel , KYB is the way to go then as for any thing else what brand ? . front and rear ? used them on my mustang they where great loved them

There's a lot of choices, but mons have a problem with the 03. I'm not sure why they don't address it, but it seems the struts are, like you experienced, too short. That was my experience too.

Back