04 Ex front fender (front quarter panel) replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

04 Ex front fender (front quarter panel) replacement

ericsauvage08

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha, NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT, 14 Limited
Hello All,

I am wondering if anyone has had success replacing the front fenders on their 02-05 explorers. Cannot find any threads specific to these years. Are the fenders bolted on or tack welded? I have an 04 XLT 4wd 4.0 V6. I have become the victim of rust on the lower edge of the fender the sits behind the front wheel/mud flap area. It looks horrible and I would like to replace the fender rather than try to cut it out and fix that way. I also have a little bubbling above the rear wheel wells on the rear qurter panels if anyone has has success fixing or replacing those too. Mechanically, the X still runs nice at 193,x.. mi, want it to look nice too! Thanks for all the input!

It's all bolts.

Stock are aluminum, some aftermarket will be steel. For the front fenders. Rear quarter panel is steel.

This is why you will see a big price difference in fenders. The weight difference is easily noticeable while in hand as well.

So really you should only have white rust on that front fender, unless it has been replaced previously with a steel fender.

Back