06 Mountaineer foglight removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

06 Mountaineer foglight removal

TheUkrainian

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Mountaineer V8
Hi, I have an 06 Mountaineer V8, and the front right foglight somehow got some water in it. I was looking around to remove and I got the bulb out, but cant get the light housing itself out. There are 2 circular tab type things that I pushed and lifted and the light came out some, but not all the way. Does anyone know how to remove it? I don't want to go to the dealer and pay them to fix it...

Thanks/

Hi, I have an 06 Mountaineer V8, and the front right foglight somehow got some water in it. I was looking around to remove and I got the bulb out, but cant get the light housing itself out. There are 2 circular tab type things that I pushed and lifted and the light came out some, but not all the way. Does anyone know how to remove it? I don't want to go to the dealer and pay them to fix it...

Thanks/

There are actually 3. Put a 13 or 14mm wrench (The closed end) around them and they'll pop loose.

Thanks a lot. I think I used a 13mm closed wrench to pop out the first 2, but couldn't find the 3rd one. Now that I know there are 3 I can finally get the water out of it.

Back