100% CONFIRMED!!! Live data on a 1994 Explorer with the Bosch 1300!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

100% CONFIRMED!!! Live data on a 1994 Explorer with the Bosch 1300!!!

mcfixstuff

Reaction score
City, State
Katy, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT 4WD A/T
As the title suggests, I finally bit the bullet and bought a Bosch 1300 scan tool to try to diagnose my ****ty fuel economy on my 94'. Certain non explorer forums hinted that it works on 93 and 94 model Fords with live data, but I couldn't find any video proof, or photos showing it working on an Explorer. All I could get a for sure on was expensive outdated snapon or actron scan tools. Well, I spent the money so you didn't have to, and here's a little video for proof. I need to find out how I can use this data to figure out my **** MPG situation.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I might as for one for Xmas for my 93. I could probably rig the data port to be in cab.

Seeing it looks like a DB25 going to tha...now has me wondering if there was ever EECIV software for DOS or Windows. I have a 1994 NEC Versa 40EC laptop from 1994 that was indeed a Ford company laptop at one time. Would be kinda awesome to pull data from the Ford with a "Ford" laptop if they ever did that. Lol

The Bosch 1300 also works and displays these live data values on my 1992 RWD A/T:
  • BOO/BPP
  • CANST PURGE
  • ECT(V)
  • ECT(°F)
  • ENGINE SPD
  • FUELPW1(mS)
  • IAC(%)
  • IAT(V)
  • IAT(°F)
  • LOOP STATUS
  • O2SEN 1(V)
  • SPARK(°)
  • ST FTRM1(%)
  • TP MODE
  • TPS(V)
  • VPWR(V)
  • VREF(V)
  • VSS(MPH)
  • WOT A/C OFF
I logged 76 frames across ~9 seconds.

...tool to try to diagnose my ****ty fuel economy on my 94'.
Nice! Thank-you! Did you find a cure for the low MPG?? My 94 gets about 15 mpg overall. Any help appreciated!

The Bosch 1300 also works and displays these live data values on my 1992 RWD A/T:
  • BOO/BPP
  • CANST PURGE
  • ECT(V)
  • ECT(°F)
  • ENGINE SPD
  • FUELPW1(mS)
  • IAC(%)
  • IAT(V)
  • IAT(°F)
  • LOOP STATUS
  • O2SEN 1(V)
  • SPARK(°)
  • ST FTRM1(%)
  • TP MODE
  • TPS(V)
  • VPWR(V)
  • VREF(V)
  • VSS(MPH)
  • WOT A/C OFF
I logged 76 frames across ~9 seconds.
If you don't mind could you share your values for the fuel trims and iac valve and tps trying to find a problem with mine using the bosh 1300

If you don't mind could you share your values for the fuel trims and iac valve and tps trying to find a problem with mine using the bosh 1300
At cold it's 60%
Slowly dropping as it gets warmer
Warmed up it's right around 50%
As I'm typing this, my temp gauge is at O 192° and it's at 51%

At cold it's 60%
Slowly dropping as it gets warmer
Warmed up it's right around 50%
As I'm typing this, my temp gauge is at O 192° and it's at 51%
My iac percentage is at 15 percentage when warmed up wonder if that's causing me problems

With it 98° outside
ECT at 197°F
IAT at 133°F
The IAC is at 59%
Long term fuel trim is at 19% both banks

My iac percentage is at 15 percentage when warmed up wonder if that's causing me problems
It's compensating for what is probably a vacuum leak.
If you are positive you don't have a vacuum leak leading to the intake plenum, you could have a bad intake plenum gasket. Thankfully that's not too difficult/expensive to check on and replace.

It's compensating for what is probably a vacuum leak.
If you are positive you don't have a vacuum leak leading to the intake plenum, you could have a bad intake plenum gasket. Thankfully that's not too difficult/expensive to check on and replace.
I don't believe I have a vacuum leak it's running rich not lean and I've smoke tested it

This is pretty cool, I might have to pick up one of those.

FWIW, there are other OBD-1/EEC-IV scan tools out there that will do live data as well. I have an ancient OTC System 2000 scanner from the early 90's that will display live data. It is quite crude and clunky and you MUST have the manuals to use it... but it will give you the info you need.

Nice job. Is there a library look up or data base for the data you are receiving? I might look into buying one for my 94LE
I got no clue where to get the right numbers at, I've just went off another guy on here's live data

Back