12V power socket, how long before it turns off? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

12V power socket, how long before it turns off?

ExplorerBMW

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Explorer ST-line
I know some turns off immediately when the car is turned off and some stay on for a certain amount of time.

How long is the one in the center inside the bin and the front center, or even the trunk area?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

50 views and no one knows? :chug:

I know some turns off immediately when the car is turned off and some stay on for a certain amount of time.

How long is the one in the center inside the bin and the front center, or even the trunk area?
They stay on for 10 minutes

50 views and no one knows? :chug:
The vehicle's Power Saver Program turns OFF most items after 10 minutes. If you really want to know, plug something into them and see how long it takes to turn OFF. Power points may differ sometimes.
Here is what your manual says;
1673623881962.png

Peter

The vehicle's Power Saver Program turns OFF most items after 10 minutes. If you really want to know, plug something into them and see how long it takes to turn OFF. Power points may differ sometimes.
Here is what your manual says;
View attachment 438103

Peter
thanks all, but i've timed it out and it seems like it's all over the place. i know when the ignition is off my radar and dash cams are still on too.

Back