'14 Ex Sport ordered, will I get it by 10/8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'14 Ex Sport ordered, will I get it by 10/8

Bigb348

Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
Hello,
This is my first post to this informative forum. I placed my order on 8/27, for my '14 Ex Sport, tuxedo Blk, blk interior, 401a, moonrise, all weather mats. I am hoping to get it by 10/8, and have already pm' d crystal to stay updated on its progress. Is this a realistic time frame for delivery to the NJ area?
I am also wondering if I am eligible for any incentives and/or cash back although I will be leasing?

I am trading my '12 Edge Sport in and should have aprox $4,000 equity as down payment, and was quoted a monthly lease payment of around $490, do those numbers sound right. I gave excellent credit, and the edge is already financed through FMoCredit.

I would appreciate any opinions and I can't wait to be behind the wheel of my new ride.
Thanks
Brian

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Ford Customer Service Reps here on this form do an excellent job keeping new owners updated on the status of their vehicles.

See several of the threads in this section.

You need to PM (Private Message) them with your information.

The Ford Customer Service Reps here on this form do an excellent job keeping new owners updated on the status of their vehicles.

See several of the threads in this section.

You need to PM (Private Message) them with your information.
As mentioned above, I have already sent a PM to Crystal (Ford Rep), to track the status of my Ex Sport; I was just asking for input to see if getting delivery by 10 /8 is realistic.
The other questions I have are regarding the financials of the lease.
Is the current cash back or any other incentives applicable toward a lease?
I am trading in my '12 Edge Sport, excellent condition, 20,600m and should have $4,500 in equity toward a dwn payment.
Assuming I put $3,500 dwn, for a' 14 Ex Sport, w/above mentioned options, for 36mo /12,000yr, the dealer has said the payment should be ~$485/mo(including 8.875% tax, dmv, fees)
Does this sound like a good deal or not?
Any insight is welcomed
Thanks
Brian

...The other questions I have are regarding the financials of the lease.
Is the current cash back or any other incentives applicable toward a lease?...

Hi Bigb348,

Your dealership will be in the best position to give you a definitive answer regarding which incentives can be used. Additionally, you can reach out to our Marketing Program Headquarters to make sure you're aware of all the available incentives for your area; they can be reached at 1-800-334-4375. If you're on Twitter, you can reach out to our marketing agents there as well. Just send a tweet to our verified Twitter account (@FordService) and they'll help you out. :)

Crystal

I am waiting on my 2014 Explorer Sport also
I ordered it on July 21st and is expected to arrive
on September 5th. The price I was quoted
was $1600 total out of pocket and $480
a month for 36 months 10500 miles.

I lucked out. While waiting for one since March, a 2014 to my specs arrived for a customer at the dealer. The customer's wife opened the door to find the all black interior instead of her desired parchment seats. Would not get in, slammed the door and refused the Sport. Dealer called me and I took it immediately.
Now the "customer" will have to wait another 2-3 months!

Love the ride and power. Still figuring out all the controls!

Back