1986 Aerostar. A 1994 3.0L was swapped into it. Now it stalls shortly after starting. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1986 Aerostar. A 1994 3.0L was swapped into it. Now it stalls shortly after starting.

76toyota

Reaction score
I am just putting a 1986 Aerostar, with what I believe to be a "94" 3.0 fuel injected engine, back into service. I ran it twice for about 1 minute each time. After the initial 2 starts it will not continue to run. It starts easily and then immediately dies. In the short time that it runs, the engine runs very smoothly. The engine will initially fire every time I try to start it. It has fuel.

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed your thread, and moved it into into the Aerostar section. Check the vacuum lines for cracks, and missing caps on the vacuum tree. Check the fuel lines for pinched hoses. Did you replace the fuel pump & computer relays? Do you have a check engine light when you have a no start condition? Did you check the fusible links, and computer ground connection near the battery?

Back