1990 Aerostar/Ranger/Bronco Manuals | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1990 Aerostar/Ranger/Bronco Manuals

denk

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
I cleaned out a closet and found my old Ford Parts and Service 1990 Manuals for Aerostar/Ranger/Bronco, Volumes 1of2 and 2of2 along with the supplement for Electronic 4-wheel drive transfer case. It's to be used with FPS-12199-90.

I worked at the St.Louis Plant and somehow ended up eith them.

How do I find out what they are worth?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was part of what was called the "Body Engineering", I reported to engineering in Dearborn and was assigned to the Plant.

When they engineered the body, why did they make the water channel through the lower metal that is under the side of the vehicle? Just about every Aerostar, and first generation Explorer is rotted on the bottom corners since water collects there. Plastic tubing would have been a better option (if possible). The Aerostar bumpers are very fragile since there isn't much inner support to keep them from bending.

By 'water channel' do you mean the rocker panels under the front doors?

Those are structural parts,(they formed a box section under the door) the only water that was in there was from tire splash, and if things worked right, the drain slots at the bottom would let it exit. The drain slots were necessary to drain what was called "E-coat", this was the electro-charged bath or dip the bodies went through prior to the paint process.

If you look at cars built around that time frame, rockers were generally one of the first items to rust, usually in areas that used salt on the roads in the winter.

Back