1992 Explorer in Oklahoma | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1992 Explorer in Oklahoma

Low92

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 ford explorer
I've recently acquired a 1992 Explorer and am looking forward to having some fun with it. The Explorer has been fairly customized with a full air ride suspension, shaved door handles and tank door, and a 4" body drop.

I believe they are from autoloc. About to start the process of redoing the whole thing. Complete interior redo and exterior paint as well as pull apart the rear suspension to go with a four link. Its different and gets a lot of attention at shows.

Did you install the spring loaded poppers? Did the doors ever get stuck in the winter, and there was nothing to grab? Many years ago I installed an early version of the door poppers on a Chevy Celebrity which belonged to a friend of mine. I didn't use spring loaded poppers, and the solenoids were on the weak side. The doors popped most of the time but not all of the time. We also had issues with frozen solenoids, doors, and blown fuses. They made significant improvements since then with entire kits instead of hunting down each part individually.

Back