1998 mercury mountineer single cd error code | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1998 mercury mountineer single cd error code

terry87442

Reaction score
City, State
west palm beach, florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 mercury mountaineer
hi new here, hope someone can help.1998 mercury mountaineer v-8 factory radio took a dump.this is my wifes and she loves her cds,so i need to get her happy again.the old one was a factory am-fm-cassette-single cd player,cant find brand name. just got a replacement off of e-bay used guy said cd worked.the old radio says F87F-18C868-AD on bottom. radio from e-bay says F87F-18C868-CC, the last 2 letters is the only differance,anyway it all works except the cd player. i put in cd and it will not play and get error NO--CD--DJ, and then error code 10 pops up.everything pluged in right .you can here the player with a disk in it wirl and spin and ejects ok tried all kinds of different cds. PLEASE HELP SO I CAN BE HAPPY IN THE BEDROOM AGAIN SHE LOVES HER CDS. thanks for any help out there.

...I think it's broken....

Your original radio, F87F-18C868-AD, is for an Explorer/Mountaineer equipped with the "Mach " Audio System with a subwoofer. Your replacement radio, F87F-18C868-CC, is for an Explorer/Moutaineer WITHOUT the "Mach" system. There is no reason the CD won't play, other than it's BROKEN (unlike the ad said). I guess it MAY have been OK, and got damaged in shipping (the CD mechanisms are delicate, and do not like being bounced around - we used to have to ship them with a "shipping screw" in place to keep the mechanism from getting jarred in shipment).

Other than that, if you DO get a CD to play in it, you will not have as good sound quality as the original radio, because you new radio is not equalized, and will not be sending any signal to the subwoofer. It may sound "OK", but not as rich, and will have a lot less Bass response than the original.

regards,

Jeff

thanks jeff

i kinda figured it was something like that,hope person on e-bay will work out something with me ,but it is electral and probily sold as.will post what happens.again thanks for info.

2002 explorer single cd radio won't play entire cd - error message

My 2002 explorer factory single cd AM/FM radio almost seems to be heating up and not playing an entire cd, even though when the cd comes out it is only slightly warm. It will play any given number of tracks and then stops, flashes an error message and ejects the cd by itself. If I try to get it to play again by totally removing it and putting it back in it won't play more than one track. If I try to advance it back to where it cut off it won't go any further than the first track and the error message comes up except this time it won't eject and I have to eject it. This will happen with almost any kind of CD, especially those burned on my computer. NOW .. it has once and a while played an entire professionally manufactured CD ... SURPRISE!" .. but that isn't always the case.
It has me stumped! :confused:

Back