1999 Eddie Bauer V8 AWD - Door locks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 Eddie Bauer V8 AWD - Door locks

schabot

Reaction score
City, State
Coastal, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer
OK - Figure I'll throw this one out there. This is odd. When I try to lock my doors using both driver's and passenger's door switch, nothing happens. The same is true when I use the key fob. However, all the above mentioned things will UNlock the doors. Without tearing everything apart, my brother thought it might be a bad lock accuator, but if that were the case, wouldn't at least some of the locks actually work when I try to lock them with the remote or the door switches? Is it possible that all accuators went at the same time? Or if one goes bad, it affects all the others like a string of Christmas lights? One goes out, they all go out. I appreciate anyone's help.

OK - Figure I'll throw this one out there. This is odd. When I try to lock my doors using both driver's and passenger's door switch, nothing happens. The same is true when I use the key fob. However, all the above mentioned things will UNlock the doors. Without tearing everything apart, my brother thought it might be a bad lock accuator, but if that were the case, wouldn't at least some of the locks actually work when I try to lock them with the remote or the door switches? Is it possible that all accuators went at the same time? Or if one goes bad, it affects all the others like a string of Christmas lights? One goes out, they all go out. I appreciate anyone's help.

One actuator going out wouldn't have any effect on the others.Did this happen suddenly or have things been stopping one at a time as in the pass door stopped first,drivers second,etc.

My lift gate actuator would lock the gate but not unlock it,it's junk.I wonder if they went one at a time or if the door switches have gone bad.Easiest thing to do is pull a door panel,grab a test light and see if you have power to the actuator when you try to lock it.:D

They actually did start to go one at a time. The pass. first then the drivers. What's wierd is that the unlocking feature works on all doors, just not the lock.

Check the switches first,the actuators are expensive,the lift gate one is $78,Ford only there is no aftermarket.:D

Back