1999 ford explorer door linkage help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 ford explorer door linkage help

Sparta360

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford explorer
Hi everybody,

I've got a four door 1999 ford explorer with broken linkage in the rear passenger door. My issue is that its pretty much impossible to get a good angle to see anything near the latch mechanism where the clip broke. I'm hoping someone has pictures or a video of what the inside of the door looks like so i can use it as a reference. Thanks in advance for the help.

What issue(s) are you having? Power lock or door handles not opening the door? After the trim panel is off, remove the glass run channel held by one 10mm bolt. Make sure to disconnect the wiring, and pull the run channel straight down. Use a strong flashlight and small mirror to inspect. Be careful, sharp edges in this very tight space. Work gloves highly recommended.

https://www.google.com/search?q=199...ved=0ahUKEwjik86K6ZHWAhVH5WMKHduPAHQQ_AUIDCgD

Sorry I forgot to specify it's the interior door handle that I'm having trouble with. The linkage that connects to the latch mechanism came disconnected. My best guess is that one of the plastic clips inside broke but I haven't been able to see inside well enough to confirm.

Back