1st gen vs fullsize bronco(351 windsor) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1st gen vs fullsize bronco(351 windsor)

ok my best friend just got a fullsize bronco with a 351 windsor, it has bigger then stock tires(dont know the size) its the stock motor with around 100,000 miles, he challenged me to a grudge match race tomorrow,

my explorer has a 4.0ohv with a ifab intake, bbk throttle body, and mangaflow exhuast(dual 2 1/4" in, single 3" out) it also has 3.73 gears along with 31" tires

all i remember is before i got a ride in my dads friend fullsize with a 302 and it didnt have any power what soo ever

soo can i beat a 351

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 302 in the fullsize Bronco is nothing compared to the 351. The 351 moves it much better. But to answer your question, I have no clue who would win....

well the bronco is what 5,000-5,500lbs, i found the 351 has 210hp and 315lb/ft to the crank

my explorer wieghs what 4,250lbs? and has 160hp and 220lb/ft to the crank stock

My dad had a Bronco with a 351. I know that thing would killll me in my 4.0. Not even close.

Yeah I would say snip some wires on his truck, if you're not up to that, just don't bet any money! Good luck though. Let us know the results.

umm ppl on this site are speeching crazy talk! look over at fullsizebronco.com most of the 351 are running 18's, high 17's tops, soo itd be a close one,

i raced my friend with a 302 thats beat, but stock tires compared to overstock, and he had a car lenght, and as i passed him his motor sounded like it was gonna blow and i was only doing like 3500 in third and i blew right past him. thats a beat 302 stock compared to a 351 but with bigger tires and i wasnt even hitting the throttle hard at all. so i dont know, anyones game.

if that 351 has any life in it whatsoever, you should get left at the line. if not, stay on the gas, and your top end will get him.......

Good luck! lol

WHat ever did happen?
I had a FSB w/ a 351, It was fun w/ 32's.
Its all on how you drive it, not the power.
I would like to see the race though.

Back