• Register Today It's free!

2 new problems

Cobra5O1

Reaction score
City, State
Cabot, Ar
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport Trac
1. My back window has trouble going up. It tends to stop halfway up and go back down.

2. After moving last weekend, my tailgate will not latch. I cannot see any obstructions or anything keeping it from latching.

USArmy Active Duty. Nathan, 2002 Sport Trac 4x4. - TT, K&N intake, Poweraid throttle body spacer, Flowmaster 40 with turn down, 30k Kensun HID headlights and fog lights, high beam relay mod, Grille delete, LED grille lights, Recon light bar w/ reverse lights, tinted 3rd brake light, 5% tinted windows.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My back window does this sometimes in the winter months too, it sometimes takes three or four times to get the window to close, I usually hold the switch to the close position until it closes completely. If you just turn it and let go it wants to go back down. It only happens in the winter though. For the tailgate, are the clasp's froze to the open position? Might need greased.

My back window did that once. I did the reset procedure and it hasnt done it since.

As for the tail gate . I wonder if some white lithium or graphite might help that .

I sprayed WD-40 on it and it didn't help. I dad kinda forced it shut with a load in it, that's when the problem started

USArmy Active Duty. Nathan, 2002 Sport Trac 4x4. - TT, K&N intake, Poweraid throttle body spacer, Flowmaster 40 with turn down, 30k Kensun HID headlights and fog lights, high beam relay mod, Grille delete, LED grille lights, Recon light bar w/ reverse lights, tinted 3rd brake light, 5% tinted windows.

What's the reset for haven't heard of that yet I like learning new things about my vehicles even if I don't need em.

Thanks that was a cool piece of info I didn't know about.

Back