20" ST Adrenalin rims on my 03 Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

20" ST Adrenalin rims on my 03 Limited

1996EB

2007 Sport Trac V8 Limited
Reaction score
City, State
Windsor, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 ST Limited 4.6L 4x4
Here are a few pics of 20" 08-10 Sport Trac Adrenalin rims on my 3rd gen. These rims were also optional on late 4th gen Limited and the uncommon late 4th gen XLT Sport. Same bolt pattern, center hub diameter and offset made for an easy and perfect installation. The tires are Hankook, 255-50-20. I may switch back to the original Limited running boards, as I now have XLT step bars on it. I also have a set of 05 ST Adrenalin chrome one=piece step bars that I might use. This is my 200,000 mile vehicle, with all original Pearl White paint.
SIDE.JPG
FRONT.JPG
SIDE_FRONT.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I love those wheels. I wish I could find a set for mine with a good all-terrain tire.

Thanks! It's hard to find a decent set for a reasonable price. They don't come up for sale very often and when they do, most people want a lot of money for them. One way or the other you have to act quickly when you see them. I was happy to get mine in December. I'm going to use them only in the "summer", as I've got my other rims and tires for winter. Yes, summer came early this year!

Nice truck!

Thanks! Trying to keep it that way for a while longer.

The absolute best factory explorer wheel. I just ordered a set today as a matter of fact. Found a great deal on eBay and pulled the trigger. Your truck looks great, I would definitely go back to the limited running boards. I kind of want to get a white limited to go with my black limited. Maybe something a little more daily driver friendly.

The absolute best factory explorer wheel. I just ordered a set today as a matter of fact. Found a great deal on eBay and pulled the trigger. Your truck looks great, I would definitely go back to the limited running boards. I kind of want to get a white limited to go with my black limited. Maybe something a little more daily driver friendly.

Thanks! I agree, love these rims and you'll love your new ones. I like the black 03 Centennial Limited, but they only came with the tan interior. I prefer the black interior, as in mine.

I also like the centennial edition, I didn't know that about the interior, mine also has the black with the "grey tone" wood grain trim. Most of the other ones I have seen have the "red tone" wood grain trim. I much prefer the black. I have also seen a 2004 with black cloth, not the dark grey, but actual black. It had some weird option package. It looked pretty good.

Right, the "grey tone" wood was only came in 02 Explorers. My 03 has the "red tone". They actually have names for the wood grain. I know that the official Ford name for 03- 05 Limited wood grain is Mandarin Teak. 03- 05 Eddie Bauer wood grain is called Pecan. I haven't found the name for the 02 wood grain. Here's a pic of the available interior colors in 04:
Colours.JPG

It's called Grey Cordia, as opposed to Pecan Cordia, that was in the later explorers.
B97C9A49-1FC3-4DC3-86FD-3713C08EF948_zpsau3kl52l.jpg

Right and the Limited has Mandarin Teak. It seems that there is also a difference between EB (Pecan) and Limited (Mandarin Teak):
MandarinTeak.JPG

How do you like the 255/50/20 tires? I was wondering whether to go with 245/50/20 or 255/50/20? I ordered 20" wheels for my 2007 Eddie Bauer. Do you have any issues with rubbing at full turn? Your explorer looks awesome on those Adrenaline wheels.
Thanks

How do you like the 255/50/20 tires? I was wondering whether to go with 245/50/20 or 255/50/20? I ordered 20" wheels for my 2007 Eddie Bauer. Do you have any issues with rubbing at full turn? Your explorer looks awesome on those Adrenaline wheels.
Thanks
Thank you! I have been very happy with this wheel and tire combination. I have not had any issues with rubbing with these particular tires and my current suspension- all struts and most other suspension components are fresh. These tires are only slightly larger in overall diameter than stock size. But just keep in mind that sometimes specific brand and style of tire can cause some variances in overall size, even when it's the same stated tire size. My speedometer is only out by a couple of MPH at 60 MPH. I hope this helps.

Back