2001 Cruise control wiring diagram | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 Cruise control wiring diagram

Kidd7

Reaction score
City, State
RTP, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 X AWD EB 5L
I did a lot of troubleshooting of the cruise control buttons recently. I bought a new set of switches and created the attached wiring diagram, hope it helps someone else. I did find out that the connector on my right side switches was flipped, that was the whole problem. The dealership I bought the EX from apparently replaced the switches and plugged that side in wrong.

2018-09-14 12.45.44.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Test if your buttons are wired up correctly you can measure the resistance across pin 5 & 6 at the servo plug. You should measure the resistance noted on lower right corner of the diagram for each button press. That will tell you the buttons, wiring & clock spring is good.

here is the diagram I have for that, but something about the forum image handling must have changed because it's being downsampled to an unusably low resolution and grayed out?

cruise.png

Free wiring diagrams can be found at the link below in the Automotive Reference section.

EBSCOhost Login

To login use:
USERID = s8921298
PASSWORD = password

Hi,
Please, do you know which are the positive and ground pins to turn on the button lights?
I need to test some
Screenshot_20220821-175014_Chrome.jpg

I did a lot of troubleshooting of the cruise control buttons recently. I bought a new set of switches and created the attached wiring diagram, hope it helps someone else. I did find out that the connector on my right side switches was flipped, that was the whole problem. The dealership I bought the EX from apparently replaced the
I did a lot of troubleshooting of the cruise control buttons recently. I bought a new set of switches and created the attached wiring diagram, hope it helps someone else. I did find out that the connector on my right side switches was flipped, that was the whole problem. The dealership I bought the EX from apparently replaced the switches and plugged that side in wrong.

View attachment 162767
Possibly the answer is here, but I can't identify

^ I am also having difficulty interpreting that diagram, but it looks like it is showing:

Pin 1 - Horn
Pin 2 - Cruise Control Signal Out
Pin 3 - Cruise Control Signal In
Pin 4 - Bulb +
Pin 5 - Bulb - /ground

I don't know which end of the connector is pin 1.

Back