• Register Today It's free!

2001 ranger sohc hahahahahahehe

ex91

Reaction score
City, State
wingham ont, canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 ranger ex-cab xlt
i jst drove a 2001 edge 4x2 with the 4.0 sohc and auto and i have to say its quck but my 98 ex cab,stick,4.0 OHV can walk it(im not kiddine we tryed and i won in my 98. I hope the new stick is a lot qucker cause the auto was walk by a 160hp ex cad with 110,000 km(the 2001 had the same gears (3.73)pois

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's good to know you are lting. if what you say is true there were obvious differences in the two. The exact truck which was a 2wd stick onee was a 97 with 4.0 and other is the new 4.0. the new one did the quater mile over a second and a half quiker. but maybe your truck is just really fast

Hi Desertboy,
Welcome to the site.
Are there any good 4x4 shops in Fresno?

not know but i can out run 78 tras am's with 350's

I don't know about any good shops in fresno i have only lived here for about three months and only come in contact with two, whiplash and 4wpw and i hate both of them. College is supposed to be more important then my truck right now anyways.

I'm sure a ranger can beat a trans am 350. sounds feasable. what you got in that ranger supercharged 302

its a 78 TAand i got a stock 4.0 v6

hay i don't sayanything to you like that and its not my falt that the old (78)Ta's are slow i mean there like 17's in the 1/4 so go back out west and get lost!

you must have got your cars mixed up TA's do the quater mile a bit faster then that.And how am i supposed to go back out west i've been here my whole life

hell iv raced 400s and they where runing mid 18s

whatever you say man. So hey that means my f-350 diesel will beat a trans am allright now i'm gonna go tell everybody

If my info is correct, the Ranger Edge that you drove had a 3.0 in it. You cannot get a 4.0 in a 4x2 Edge nor the 4-door option. At least I couldn't, it is not even in their brochure. I got the 4x4, which includes 4.0 and 4-door.

Happy Rangering.....

well i live in canada so that might have somthing to do with it??? and i poled the hod and it was a 4.0 sohc 4x2 ex cab with 3.73 pois and if you don't thing so come up and see it

No, I don't need to make the trip, I'll take your word for it. I was aware that some of the "configurations" were different in Canada. That is the setup I wanted, but, they don't offer it here.

Thanks for the info.....

in canada all most all new 4x4 rangers and most edge are 4.0 it is hard to find a 3.0 in the new truck

Back