2003 Trac Rear View Removal & Firewall for Emergency Lighting | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Trac Rear View Removal & Firewall for Emergency Lighting

project_mix

Reaction score
City, State
Issaquah, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport-trac
Hello. I'm going to be installing strobing LED's on my rear view mirros for my roadside assistance company as well as strobes in my headlights and tail lights. I just have a few quick questions. 1) How do i remove the rear view mirrors from my trac? (keep in mind these are FIXED mirrors AKA non folding) 2) where is the best place to punch through the trac's firewall to run my strobe wires?

Also, if you have installed strobes before, please share your knowledge.. THANKS :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i cant help you with removing the mirrors but if you go behind the pedals, there is a small dimple pointing into the engine bay. i didn't see any removable plugs so i drilled through there and that is where i ran the power cable for my sub-woofers on my 04 ST. You might have to pull back some if the foam covers behind the pedals to drill easier. you should measure "x" and "y" from a reference point such as the steering column to double check you will not hit anything when you drill through

You're speaking of outside mirrors, correct? I've never seen any "fixed" mirrors on a Sport Trac. The factory mirrors will fold just not as in the way the older pickup mirrors do. If yours don't fold I'd like to see a photo of them, might learn something. Regardless, they should all be accessed in the same way. You have to remove the door panel to get to the nuts holding the mirror to the door.

Are your lights strobe lights or are they LED's? Two different animals. I now work for a lighting distributor that handles just about every brand imaginable. What do you need to know? I'm guessing you are installing LED mirror beams and the strobe hide-a-ways in the lights.

For a subject like this it would be best to just email me direct with your questions. I will also send you the instructions, in pdf, that you need to remove/replace your mirrors.

yes getting LED mirror beams - Able2 (ShoMe) Microlite LED's with a mirror mounting kit and Speedtech Lights 80Watt 4 strobe kit. Id really appriciate the help, but i dont no how to find you email..mine is RnRAssistance@gmail.com thanks!

Mail sent

Back