2004 explorer fuel pump/ relay issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 explorer fuel pump/ relay issues

keanon52590

Reaction score
City, State
brazil indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 ford explorer
# #1

keanon52590

Become an#Elite Explorer

brazil indiana

2004 ford explorer

#

Vehicle Specs#

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

(Original Poster)

#2004 explorer fuel pump/ relay issues

A couple months ago after filling my tank the#a/c#compressorlocked up. Knowing it would be sitting for a while, i decided to try to siphon the gas out. Found out i couldnt do it the old fashion way. Did some searching online and saw it was possible to jump the relay for continuous flow. I got my jumper wire proceeded to jump the relay,... Nothing. So like an idiot i started touching other terminals in the relay spot... ZIP ZAP ZOP lol. Now i get no fuel, wont start and also no initial blast of fuel with the key in the on position. What could i have fried? Replaced the relay, checked the 26 fuse. It starts with starting fluid. Could i have fried the pump? Anything to do with the fuel pump delivery module? Knowing the#inertia#switch#wasnt a factor i checked anyway. Any help is appreciated.

######

Hi Keanon, i did exactly the same thing and am experiencing exactly the same problem.just wondering if you found a solution ?

Back