2005 explorer dash removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 explorer dash removal

tkahle

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 ford explorer
how do you completely remove the dash on a 2005 explorer. I have removed all the obvious fasteners including the steering column nuts. the dash seams to be free on the passenger side but there is something holding it solid on the drivers side. Does any body have a schematic showing all the fasteners holding the dash in place. Or a good sight showing the procedure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a bolt you have to access from the engine compartment, below the cowl and window arm. I'd have to look again to give you a better discription.

how do you completely remove the dash on a 2005 explorer. I have removed all the obvious fasteners including the steering column nuts. the dash seams to be free on the passenger side but there is something holding it solid on the drivers side. Does any body have a schematic showing all the fasteners holding the dash in place. Or a good sight showing the procedure.

Type a how-to dash removal question into the search box at the top of the forum and it will pull up past related posts on how to do that, some with photos of the dash removed. If I remember reading right, there are 11 nuts or bolts to remove, with 1 of them outside the vehicle under the windshield cowl as Number4 stated. There are a bunch of harnesses to unplug as well.

Did you get it figured out? I have a write up with pics posted here. For future reference, anybody searching on the topic, the steering column doesnt need to be removed or unbolted from the dash, only disconnected at the knuckle under the dash.

Back