2006 Explorer shifting bad 1-2 HELP!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2006 Explorer shifting bad 1-2 HELP!!

sipofa

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Limited
Hello guys, I have a 06 Explorer Limited, 20k, bought it used a few months ago and have had shifting issues ever since. From 1-2 it jerks then the other gears are silky smooth. From 2-1 it jerks again as it downshifts. Brought it to the dealer and they said they changed some seals and the valve body = SAME PROBLEM. Had anyone got this problem resolved? Here are the part numbers:
6L2Z 7086 SEAL
6L2Z 7A191 GASKET
MTK 132900 GASKET SET
FT 160
7L2Z7Z369 MODULE

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did they re-program it too? Check out the postings under Shifting Issues on 06 Mountaineer as well. I have the same issue. Went to the dealer this past Saturday for an oil change and askd him about it. He wanted me to bring it back durning the week. He kinda played stupid about the whole thing even when I mentioned that Ford has a service notice out on this. Also, since it has been getting warm in my neck woods the it has not been as bad. I am going to speak with a few dealers in my area and see what they have to say.

Hello guys, reprogram was done a few months ago. They said they programmed it with the latest version from Ford. It drives the same. If I go fast in first gear shifts fine. If I go slow in first gear it jerks to shift to second. And you feel it jerk when downshifting very often.

Hello guys, forgot to mention, my tech said the valve body that was changed includes also the shift solenoids. The solenoids are part of the valve body.

I've had the same exact problem with my 06 Limited Explorer. Took it back to the dealer and they said they reprogrammed the trans. It went away for a few weeks but came back again and still does it quite often. Of course it never does it when the service tech. takes the car for a test drive though.

Hello, back in shop yesterday. Will keep you all posted.

Hello, nothing yet. The service guy is checking it out.

Back