2007 Sport P0108 code

c47@pacbell.net

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Tracy, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac XLT
Hey gang, I have a 2007 Sport Trac 4.0 V6 that was throwing the p0106 and p0108 code, both of which seemed to indicate the EGR valve assmembly ( I'll call it that because it has vaccum lines, wiring, and also some sort of module above the diaphragm) anyway, I replaced the assembly after checking vacuum lines, wiring, etc and the engine seems to be doing a little better (smoother idle, crisper response, etc) but the code was still set ( the idiot light had been on for weeks) do I need to clear the code, or will it clear itself?

you can clear your self or it will go away after x amount of miles. i donot remember the mile amount. could be 20-could be 200. just clear it yourself takes 2 minutes

I cleared it because I needed to get the semi annual smog check done. turns out I should have let it clear itself, because a couple days later, when I wenr to get it smogged, it failed, due to still being in a 'diagnostic cycle' as the guy told me, so I drove it 2 more days, maybe anther 50 miles and it passed. So, lesson learned. still doing fine, and seems a little crisper on throttle response, etc and mileage seems to have gone up a bit too

yup anytime you have emission related DTCs they need X amount of miles to completely clear from the system. i knew i wasnt crazy! best of luck!

Back