2007 Sport Trac- Mice in my interior fan, how to remove cover | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Sport Trac- Mice in my interior fan, how to remove cover

WBCarson

Reaction score
City, State
Dawsonville, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac
2007 Sport Trac. From what i have seen there is no cabin filter.
Well, mice have packed the fan with deer corn. When i turn the fan on it vibrates the dash and stinks up the interior.
How do i remove the fan? I can see a large plastic housing but no idea how to remove it to get to the fan.
I think they get in via the cowl vent, or where fresh air is drawn into the cabin

(They also love to get in under the engine air filter via the fresh air vent behind the passenger head light. I plan to put some wire over that.)

Cabin.jpg

2007 Sport Trac. From what i have seen there is no cabin filter.
Well, mice have packed the fan with deer corn. When i turn the fan on it vibrates the dash and stinks up the interior.
How do i remove the fan? I can see a large plastic housing but no idea how to remove it to get to the fan.
I think they get in via the cowl vent, or where fresh air is drawn into the cabin

(They also love to get in under the engine air filter via the fresh air vent behind the passenger head light. I plan to put some wire over that.)

View attachment 438653
Oh.....think i found a video

Back