2011-16 Sport wheel alignment specifications | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011-16 Sport wheel alignment specifications

kiwi98J

Reaction score
City, State
KC MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Does anyone know or can anyone point me to Ford's alignment specifications (caster, camber, toe, thrust angle, etc) for this generation? My reference material is pre 2011 and google hasn't been helpful. The local Ford shop checked the alignment on my 2015 Sport giving it a pass. Steering self centering is quite pronounced at moderate and hiway speeds and I think I can feel some scrubbing during low speed turning especially when accelerating. Has Ford set the geometry up with lots of caster and neg camber to compensate for less than attentive drivers or? Anyone have any thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Attached a pic from the 15 Service Manual.

Attachments

• 2015 Alignment Specs.jpg
    2015 Alignment Specs.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 2,769

thanks appreciate it

Does anyone know or can anyone point me to Ford's alignment specifications (caster, camber, toe, thrust angle, etc) for this generation? My reference material is pre 2011 and google hasn't been helpful. The local Ford shop checked the alignment on my 2015 Sport giving it a pass. Steering self centering is quite pronounced at moderate and hiway speeds and I think I can feel some scrubbing during low speed turning especially when accelerating. Has Ford set the geometry up with lots of caster and neg camber to compensate for less than attentive drivers or? Anyone have any thoughts?
I know exactly what you mean. I just had a brand new set of 4 tires put on my 2015 Ford explorer sport and I had the alignment done as well and I was always under the impression that the alignment is supposed to not let your vehicle veer to one side if you let go of the steering wheel on an even surface. Or am I wrong?
Well I feel like it's still pulling and I occasionally find myself manually adjusting the position of my steering wheel to drive straight, something that I didn't ever really need to do before.

I know exactly what you mean. I just had a brand new set of 4 tires put on my 2015 Ford explorer sport and I had the alignment done as well and I was always under the impression that the alignment is supposed to not let your vehicle veer to one side if you let go of the steering wheel on an even surface. Or am I wrong?
Well I feel like it's still pulling and I occasionally find myself manually adjusting the position of my steering wheel to drive straight, something that I didn't ever really need to do before.
I find that most roads, at least around here, are built with a bit of a crown in the center so there is a slight slope to the edge to allow for water to drain off. In that case, the vehicle could slowly movel to the right over a distance.

Peter

Back