2012 Limited Bugflector II doesn't fit Eco/ Please help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 Limited Bugflector II doesn't fit Eco/ Please help

murdog19

Reaction score
City, State
Commercial Point, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited Eco
Hello, I am new to any kind of forum so please bare with me. I just recently purchased a 2012 Explorer Limited Ecoboost. On Amazon I ordered an AVS Bugflector II Hood Shield (part# 25164). In searching on line this is the only one I saw for 2011 or newer. Upon receiving it, it is clearly the wrong size and the holes don't line up. It appears to extend outside the front contour of the vehicle, however I have seen reviews where people are complimentary of the fit.
I thought I may have read somewhere that since the Ecoboost has a 4 cylinder and turbocharger, that the front contour is slightly different than other models to allow additional airflow to the turbocharger. Does anyone know if this is true and what should I do to get a nice bug guard that actually fits? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

worthless0wc.gif
...but 3M 'Clear Bra' is MUCH better, and better looking...you don't see it! :D

Jetz - do you have the 3M Invisible Shield? If so can you take some pics? :)

Thanks!

- Joe

The hoods are the same across all the models. No difference with different engine types.

Here you go. can you see it? It's called 'Venture Shield'.

Frank

xhemi.jpg

35213360.jpg

Jetz - do you have the 3M Invisible Shield? If so can you take some pics? :)

Thanks!

- Joe

Looks great Frank! Now I'll be looking into one...:)

- Joe

Frank - What size did you get? The max coverage, the 6" less or 12" less coverage set? Not sure I want something that goes almost 2' up onto the hood...:)

Thanks in advance!

- Joe

My truck is in storage right now, I have to go look, but I think it was at least 12'' ( I always say that). :D By my pic it does look like that.

I got the whole car done, not just the hood.

3Mjob.jpg

3Mjob2.jpg

Back