2012 LTD AWD Price/Thanks for Help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 LTD AWD Price/Thanks for Help

longhorn76

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
I've lurked on the forum for a month or so researching 2012 Explorers. Just wanted to say thanks to all of the members for posting their impressions, experiences, etc. Thanks to all of you, I felt confident about ordering one for myself.

For those that are looking to buy soon, I wanted to throw out the sales price I negotiated. I've noticed some have done better and some have done worse, but thought this might help when heading to the dealer.

I used Costco and USAA's Car Buying service (similar to Amex's service, I think) to begin generating quotes, then worked it myself using TrueCar, Edmunds, etc to negotiate. In the end my deal was so-so, but given the demand, I'm happy with the result. The final price was $47,250 w/o incentives for the following order:

2012 Ex LTD AWD
Black Exterior
Charcoal Black Interior
20" POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS (642)
ALL WEATHER MATS (16N)
2ND ROW BUCKET SEATS (173)
2ND ROW CONSOLE (51D)
BLIS PLUS INFLATABLE REAR-SEATBELT PKG (67B)
CLASS III TRAILER TOW PKG (52T)
DUAL PANEL MOONROOF (439)
DVD HEADREST (50R)
PWR LIFTGATE (18P)
VOICE ACTIVATED NAVIGATION SYSTEM (61N)
302A EQUIPMENT GROUP ORDER CODE (302A)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats! Where in TX are you? I'm about to buy an X myself ... perhaps today. Not quite as loaded as yours, but should still be fun regardless.

I've lurked on the forum for a month or so researching 2012 Explorers. Just wanted to say thanks to all of the members for posting their impressions, experiences, etc. Thanks to all of you, I felt confident about ordering one for myself.

For those that are looking to buy soon, I wanted to throw out the sales price I negotiated. I've noticed some have done better and some have done worse, but thought this might help when heading to the dealer.

I used Costco and USAA's Car Buying service (similar to Amex's service, I think) to begin generating quotes, then worked it myself using TrueCar, Edmunds, etc to negotiate. In the end my deal was so-so, but given the demand, I'm happy with the result.
Welcome to the Forum longhorn76:wavey:
Congrats on your new Explorer. I've said before that a good price is one that you are happy with. Happy motoring.

Peter

Thanks and good luck with your purchase...I live in the San Antonio area.
Looks like it's a go for me, baring any surprises. I'm north of you in the hill country and was just about to order an X when I found one in Austin that pretty much meets our specs. It's a bit of a haul but I'm excited to get it sooner rather than later.

Welcome to the forum Longhorn, I ditto what Peter said, it has to make you happy. FYI, I went through the same process at first, then I ended up purchasing thru Ford x plan. Mine was the Sam order for;

Tri cost plat white exterior(+money)
No DVD
No 2nd row console ( have 8 grand kids)

Out the the door; 45k

So you did well longhorn, enjoy

Back