2013 Ecoboost 2.0 crank wheel alignment | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ecoboost 2.0 crank wheel alignment

my0wn3ds

Reaction score
City, State
Almaty
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Mustang
Hello.
I'm working on 2013 Explorer 2.0 Ecoboost engine.
I have timing tool set with crank pulley holding tool for Explorer pulley, without bolt alignment (no hole in the pulley). But I'm not completely understand how to posotion it on engine.
So I want to be sure what tooth I should align with crank sensor.
Please give me some helpful information.
Thanks!

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-17 at 00.58.05.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-17 at 00.58.06 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-17 at 00.58.06.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello.
I'm working on 2013 Explorer 2.0 Ecoboost engine.
I have timing tool set with crank pulley holding tool for Explorer pulley, without bolt alignment (no hole in the pulley). But I'm not completely understand how to posotion it on engine.
So I want to be sure what tooth I should align with crank sensor.
Please give me some helpful information.
Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Unfortunately I don't have the answer. Perhaps another member will be able to help you. I believe a couple members have technical manuals but I don't know if they would have that information. Good luck.

Peter

already have an answer from mitchell
20th tooth is correct
thanks

already have an answer from mitchell
20th tooth is correct
thanks
Is it the 20th tooth clockwise from the open blank space? Or is the picture above correct? I am having the same issue here.

Is it the 20th tooth clockwise from the open blank space? Or is the picture above correct? I am having the same issue here.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

I know this is an old thread, but here is a YouTube video that might help someone (just ignore the commentary complaining about the engine design).

Back