2013 Explorer XLT, high pitch noise | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer XLT, high pitch noise

mchiz

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
We have a '13 Explorer XLT with 13,000 miles, lately I have noticed a high pitch noise when the car is cold. Can't figure out if it is the transmission as it shifts or in the wheel or brakes. Anyone else with this noise?

Also, had the car in a few times complaining of a high pitch squeak when applying brakes, again, not all the time. Tech finds nothing wrong. Wish asbestos brakes were back. Hate that squeak.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Also, had the car in a few times complaining of a high pitch squeak when applying brakes, again, not all the time. Tech finds nothing wrong...

Hi mchiz,

Have you taken your tech along for a test drive so you can demonstrate what you're experiencing? If it only happens in the morning, have you left your Explorer overnight so they can try it out?

My 2014 is making a noise during startup...[/URL]

How many miles are on your Explorer, oakley02? Have you had your dealership inspect?

Crystal

the vehicle has 13,000 miles on it.

We have taken it in for the squeaking brakes, but not for the high pitch noise. This I have just started to hear. I know it would have to be taken at night. I hate to have to leave it.

Was just wondering if anyone else was hearing this type of noise.

Ford Service,

Mine has 30K on it. I took it to the dealership last winter for the same noise and they documented it on the service record but it seems to be getting progressively worse and longer/louder in length....all dependent upon outside temperature. I keep the vehicle in the garage (>40 F) and it still makes the noise on startup.

the vehicle has 13,000 miles on it.

We have taken it in for the squeaking brakes, but not for the high pitch noise. This I have just started to hear. I know it would have to be taken at night. I hate to have to leave it.

Was just wondering if anyone else was hearing this type of noise.

Ford Service,

Mine has 30K on it. I took it to the dealership last winter for the same noise and they documented it on the service record but it seems to be getting progressively worse and longer/louder in length....all dependent upon outside temperature. I keep the vehicle in the garage (>40 F) and it still makes the noise on startup.

Thanks for responding, folks! If you decide to have your dealerships check this out again for you (or for the first time, if they haven't addressed this particular noise) let me know and I'll escalate your cases. To get started, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Back