2013 Ford Explorer Sport Whistling during acceleration | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ford Explorer Sport Whistling during acceleration

TheWolverine83

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
So, I've posted in the past and have been looking around and can't find an exact answer. My 2013 Ford Explorer Sport makes a whistling type sound as I accelerate. It sounds more like air is being pushed out, and makes the sound at the slowest possible speed between 2500 to 6000 rpms, which rules out the Cowl. There have been times when I accelerate that the whistling is a long continuous whistle almost like it's caught in a spin cycle until I push the gas it stops. Again I only hear this when I am physically driving the vehicle, idle is fine. Now, I've seen posts about vacuum leaks, iac valve, and throttle body, possible Air Intake issue. I cleaned the throttle body over the weekend and that has not made a difference as far as the whistling is concerned. I can not for the life of me figure this out. I know the whistling is coming from the driver side of the engine bay. I know I spoke to my mechanic and ford and neither could figure it out or find anything causing it. So, if anyone on here can help that would be great!

Back