2013 Police Interceptor Utility "Ready-for-the-Road Package" (67H) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Police Interceptor Utility "Ready-for-the-Road Package" (67H)

ntoda00

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Interceptor Utility
I have a question about Ford's 2013 Police Interceptor Utility with the "Ready-for-the-Road Package" (Option 67H) installed from the factory.

Regarding this package, what type of light is installed in the Grille with this package? Is it the Whelen Ion? If it is a Whelen Ion, is it mounted using the "Universal Mount", "Surface Mount", or "Bracket Mount" (using Whelen Part #IONK1B )

Is anyone able to take a few close up pictures of this light and how it was mounted from the factory (not an after purchase up-fit)?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is a Whelen ION but Im not sure how they mount them from the factory. When I install them after the customer receives them I just use the adjustable bracket that comes with it and screw it to the lip on the grill, in the same place they do at the factory.

They are bracket-mount with 2 screws in the rear, standard Whelen fair for triple the price at the dealership. I actually have my OEM Ford brackets I was going to sell on Ebay.

They are bracket-mount with 2 screws in the rear, standard Whelen fair for triple the price at the dealership. I actually have my OEM Ford brackets I was going to sell on Ebay.

Do you have other OEM lighting solution parts that you took off?

Jason

These ones?

IMG_5307.jpg

This shows bracket on PI Sedan a little better.

IMG_5279.jpg

Back