2014 Ford Explorer price out of line? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Ford Explorer price out of line?

Fur_252

Reaction score
City, State
Nebraska
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer
2014 Explorer Sport price out of line?

I've been looking for a nice used explorer for the wife and came across 2014 explorer sport with 7000 miles ,401a package, tow package and DVDs headrest very clean vehicle they are asking $41500 is this a decent price or to much.. There has been no negotiation on price yet what would be a fair price to expect to pay? I looked at kbb that has such a big range of pricing.. Any help would be great just don't want to get taking advantage of.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wouldn't pay more then trade in Value on NADA or kbb. Reason being is dealers will only pay what they can buy them at auction for. That is always below trade in Value so even at trade in value, they are making money. Anything higher and I would walk away and wait for them to call you back.

Also, keep in mind that a 14 is already 3 model years old and they were somewhere around $49,000 new +/- at msrp. You could buy them for $44-$45,000 after negotiations and rebates.

Factor a 15-20% hit in Value driving off the lot when it was new nevermind it being used at this point so you can see where you should be at..

Also remember used vehicles is where the money is for dealer profit, not new... I am sure they have a lot of room to play.

And make sure you request the Oasis report on it so you can see any warranty work done so you get an idea of any complaints made. Also check the wheel well area for any rusting to make sure it doesn't have the water leak issue.

Just buy a new one... U should get a great year end deal on one

I've been looking for a nice used explorer for the wife and came across 2014 explorer sport with 7000 miles ,401a package, tow package and DVDs headrest very clean vehicle they are asking $41500 is this a decent price or to much.. There has been no negotiation on price yet what would be a fair price to expect to pay? I looked at kbb that has such a big range of pricing.. Any help would be great just don't want to get taking advantage of.

Buy new you can get one for only a few thousand more....thats too high IMHO

Its worth $35-$37,000

Never heard of rust in the wheel well can u explain this to me. Thanks

Water leak causes water to drip into the wheel well area for the spare tire. It then causes the spare or areas in there to rust. So if you check it and there is no water but it is rusted, you know there is a water leak and it has just dried up.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327803

Thread moved from the "Order" to the "Discussion" threads and merged.

Peter

Duplicate thread, closing

Back