2014 Limited, battery failure

TBill

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Prescott, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
With about 22K miles on my 2014 Limited, went to start it Monday morning and all I got was a series of clicks, and flashing lights. Took delivery on March 5, 2014, it's now April 2016, just over 2 years. I do not live in Phoenix so I don't have the 100° summer days up here in the mountains. Seems very short battery life.

Anyhow dealer load tested the battery, failed, it was covered it under the warranty, just strange!

Bill

With about 22K miles on my 2014 Limited, went to start it Monday morning and all I got was a series of clicks, and flashing lights. Took delivery on March 5, 2014, it's now April 2016, just over 2 years. I do not live in Phoenix so I don't have the 100° summer days up here in the mountains. Seems very short battery life.

Anyhow dealer load tested the battery, failed, it was covered it under the warranty, just strange!

Bill

The motorcraft batteries in the Explorer's are horrible. I have 40k and mine has boiled over, I need to replace soon (corrosion everywhere). I recommend an optima yellow top, with the amount of electronics in the car I can't see putting anything else in it. They are also gel cells and don't spill or leak or boil.

My 2013 had the same issue, after 30k miles it failed and was replaced by an optima yellow, never had an issue after that.

Back