2014 Sport Sync touch panel having issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Sport Sync touch panel having issues

xartic

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Recently I installed an Infinity Basslink II into my 14 sport and at about the same time I now have an issue with the touch panel not functioning correctly. On the center dial for the seek previous/next on the volume knob, the touch part for seeking "next" no longer registers my touch. I can still use the touchscreen and the steering wheel controls but the volume knob touch only for next (essentially the right) no longer works. Up, down and left work, right doesn't.

Am I looking to replace the entire touch panel for the Sync system to replace the knob?

Check out this thread. I believe the control knob is part of the panel. Unfortunately, the OP never returned to say what was done to correct the problem, if he did indeed fix it. Stereo on/off volume knob

Peter

Would replacing the entire panel with a 2016+ work or is there modifications that need to be done? I’d love to get away from the touch without upgrading to sync 3, just yet.

Back