2015 Explorer - Climate Control Panel Malfunctioning | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer - Climate Control Panel Malfunctioning

Senor

Reaction score
City, State
Sherman Oaks
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
My Climate Control Panel is malfunctioning. When I start the car the on/ off button beeps continuously. If I try to turn it off, it turns on immediately. I've got no control over the fan slow fan speed button. The TV Screen Touch Panel works. I've performed a reset via fuse box as well as removing the neg terminal connector on my battery. Neither worked. Here's a link to a video illustrating the issue:

Any guidance is appreciated.

best!

-t

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do the other touch buttons on the panel work? It looks like you may have to replace the touch panel itself, This could be a connection issue as these are capacitive touch buttons. In 2016, they went to actual/physical buttons. The part you need seems to be discontinued.

Peter

Do the other touch buttons on the panel work? It looks like you may have to replace the touch panel itself, This could be a connection issue as these are capacitive touch buttons. In 2016, they went to actual/physical buttons. The part you need seems to be discontinued.

Peter
Thnx for the reply, Peter - Yes - The other buttons work, once the beeping stops. HOWEVER - The slow fan down button no longer works at all.

You can try cleaning it with rubbing alcohol to ensure nothing sticking. It may be worth pulling it out and resetting all the connections..if there is any water behind the dash the touch panel is usually first thing to go

Are you able to go into climate on the screen and get it to turn on/off?

Are you able to go into climate on the screen and get it to turn on/off?
Thankfully, yes. The screen is working. I suspect I've got a bad sensor under the "slow fan" button. I'm still in warranty, so I'll have the dealership handle it.

Thankfully, yes. The screen is working. I suspect I've got a bad sensor under the "slow fan" button. I'm still in warranty, so I'll have the dealership handle it.
You must have an ESP warranty then. There are some things that it doesn't cover although I'm not sure which items at the moment.

Peter

You must have an ESP warranty then. There are some things that it doesn't cover although I'm not sure which items at the moment.

Peter
It's covered. I've got the Premium Care Coverage. Best $1600 I've ever spent on a car. Had a Water Pump failure on the car and a Tranny failure. It was 2 month ordeal. Didn't pay a dime, got a loaner car and $10k out of the hassle.

Good move. I always get the ESP if my lease is longer that the OEM warranty period.

Peter

Just wanted to put a bow-tie on this post. The issue was a faulty FCIM (EB5Z18842HA). It was covered under my ESP plan. They just replaced the whole panel....

best,

-t

Back