2015 Explorer drivers side window works intermittently. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer drivers side window works intermittently.

CrankyFrankE

Reaction score
City, State
Kailua Kona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer
So as title says the window will sometimes go down and up. This seems to a progressive issue. As in one push will send the window up or down then it will take two presses to operate then 3 and then multiple till it seems it doesn't operate at all. Bought a used master control, hooked it up and first couple of tries it worked fine. Then it progressively got worse. Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm not familiar with the "master control" but does that include the switch as well? If not, it could be a bad switch or window motor.

Peter

I had a similar issue with my window. I tried replacing the master control but it didn't help. I ended up having to take it to the official dealer and they were able to fix the problem for a reasonable price. It may be worth taking it to the dealer and seeing if they can help you out.

I had a similar issue with my window. I tried replacing the master control but it didn't help. I ended up having to take it to the official dealer and they were able to fix the problem for a reasonable price. It may be worth taking it to the dealer and seeing if they can help you out.
So, the obvious question....what did they do to repair it?

Peter

So, the obvious question....what did they do to repair it?

Peter
Hi @peterk9
Unfortunately it was quite a long time ago and I didn't clarify with the dealer at the time to see exactly what they did to solve the problem. If I'm not mistaken the repair bill was relatively small, that's all I can remember now.

Back