2015 Mods that fit the 2016 Sport? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Mods that fit the 2016 Sport?

16Sport

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Southern Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Hello all,
I just picked up a 2016 Sport with the intention of having a family vehicle that can also hit the track occasionally. Ive seen everything from tuning, intake, exhaust, downpipes ect but are all listed for up to 2015. Has anyone had success with installing these parts on a 2016 yet or confirmed they will fit? Id like to order up some parts but realize changes may have been made
Any opinions much appreciated!

Nobody is sure of the fitment of anything on the new 2016 XSport as of yet. Tuning will be a little while still. We have yet to confirm the fitment differences of all of the basic bolt ons. There were some pretty quiet yet important changes from 14-15, so I would guess that 15-16 would be no different. Just from prior releases I would guess that the CAI will fit. The downpipes and catback would likely need revision.

Nobody is sure of the fitment of anything on the new 2016 XSport as of yet. Tuning will be a little while still. We have yet to confirm the fitment differences of all of the basic bolt ons. There were some pretty quiet yet important changes from 14-15, so I would guess that 15-16 would be no different. Just from prior releases I would guess that the CAI will fit. The downpipes and catback would likely need revision.

I know your still working on tunes and hard parts for the 16 Sport. But I wanted to confirm that I took a chance on ordering your Cold Air Intake and it fit like a glove. So that's at least one part that carries over from the 15 models!

Will be watching daily for updates...

I know your still working on tunes and hard parts for the 16 Sport. But I wanted to confirm that I took a chance on ordering your Cold Air Intake and it fit like a glove. So that's at least one part that carries over from the 15 models!

Will be watching daily for updates...

THAT'S AWESOME NEWS!

We have 2 trucks coming in over the next week so we will be hard at work!

STAY TUNED!!!

Back