• Register Today It's free!

2015 Sport with Racing Stripe

tsilney

Reaction score
City, State
montgomery, il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Just picked up this new 2015 Sport....Its awesome and will be replacing the old 2001. I have never seen one with a racing stripe. The dealer said it was ordered like that. I didn't know it was an option?? They said they would take it off if needed but its starting to grow on us. Ordered blacked out ford emblems and going to smoke the headlights along with license plate covers will be smoked. Anyone ever see a stripe on a sport like this??

20150730_201924_zps6zd9joff.jpg

20150730_201912_zpskcxtuox5.jpg

2015-07-31%2010.37.41_zpspcxfkar0.jpg

20150730_201953_zps4zsuwqin.jpg

20150730_202000_zps8l9m8thp.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Makes it unique but really doubt that was Ford factory installed, but I could be wrong.

If it is Ford it would be on the window sticker or there would be an add on "sticker" to the window sticker stating such.

If it is Ford it would be on the window sticker or there would be an add on "sticker" to the window sticker stating such.

I will have to check window sticker...only thing is funny is I was at another dealership trying to get them to match the price of this one since this one was over an hour away, and when they punched in stock number, they told me it had a stripe on it....the internet listing did not have a pic of the truck so we didn't know till we got to see it...the other dealer ship said there is no way that is 5k cheaper and couldn't match price..so we drove over an hour to see this one..well it was and we drove and bought it...love it so far!

I will have to check window sticker...only thing is funny is I was at another dealership trying to get them to match the price of this one since this one was over an hour away, and when they punched in stock number, they told me it had a stripe on it....the internet listing did not have a pic of the truck so we didn't know till we got to see it...the other dealer ship said there is no way that is 5k cheaper and couldn't match price..so we drove over an hour to see this one..well it was and we drove and bought it...love it so far!

It is amazing what some dealers "can" deal and what some won't. I will never buy a car in my home area. Much cheaper to drive 3 hours and get 2 to 3 times off what they will do around here.

I can look up the build specs if you shoot me the VIN via PM. I know once I stumbled across a site where you can order custom stripes, etc for certain Ford vehicles and it was a factory thing.

It is amazing what some dealers "can" deal and what some won't. I will never buy a car in my home area. Much cheaper to drive 3 hours and get 2 to 3 times off what they will do around here.

I can look up the build specs if you shoot me the VIN via PM. I know once I stumbled across a site where you can order custom stripes, etc for certain Ford vehicles and it was a factory thing.

I know right...it felt good when the other dealership called back to see if we were still looking and I told them nope we got the one I showed you at the advertised price....and best part it had a few more options like bliss and back up sensors which were not on theirs...sending pm now with my Vin.

Stripes and pinstriping are/were OEM options, not sure if they're options still avail on current Ford build sites, but used to be for 2014.
There are some posts on here about it a while back.

Fordparts has stripe kits for Exs but the OEM option was clear coated along with the rest of the body color.

Stripes and pinstriping are/were OEM options, not sure if they're options still avail on current Ford build sites, but used to be for 2014.
There are some posts on here about it a while back.

Fordparts has stripe kits for Exs but the OEM option was clear coated along with the rest of the body color.

Mine are not clear coated...also I cannot find any stripe package kit on any ford Web site and I have been looking for a few days..from 2012 to 2015s...mine also does have black pinstripe down each side as well...hmmmm. It's gotta go back to the dealer this week for rust proofing and splash guards so I'll see if I can get anymore information from them.

Those stripes look pretty good on the sport, they might have been a dealer installed item that was added onto the window sticker after it arrived on the lot. I know some dealers will add bolt on options to have in the show room to show off in hopes it will bring people into the store. I have seen some dealers add costom rims, running boards, spray bed liners [in trucks], light bars, fender flares, and even a slight low/lift job.

Back