2016 explorer ltd makes whining noise from passenger side dash board | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 explorer ltd makes whining noise from passenger side dash board

tarak

Reaction score
City, State
lewisville,tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 explorer limited
2016 explorer ltd makes whining noise from passenger side dash board. Can hear it loud and clear on freeways. any idea what may be the issue?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2016 explorer ltd makes whining noise from passenger side dash board. Can hear it loud and clear on freeways. any idea what may be the issue?
Does it sound like a wind noise or buzzing? There are posts on problems with the cowl being loose. You can try taping it down and then see if that cures it. It should then be taken to the dealer to have it fixed/replaced.

Peter

Any update??

I have a 2013 XLT that had a buzzing at hw speeds that also sounded like it was in front of the passenger side dash , drove us nuts! Dealer finally found out that the cowl was buzzing (after many days of troubleshooting). They replaced it and took care of the problem.

Any update??
TSB 15-0143 addresses this problem. They replaced the cowl panel. I had buzzing noise from around the bottom of the windshield. It happened around 65 mph or higher with the AC or radio on or off. I also found the trim panel externally mounted on the lower A pillar to be loose. It just snapped back into place.

Back