2016 Ford Explorer USB hub not charging (master reset didnt fix it) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Ford Explorer USB hub not charging (master reset didnt fix it)

aque2001

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford ExplorerLimited
Hi All,

I have a 2016 Ford Explorer I upgraded sync 2 to sync 3. The usb hub for sync 3 is wouldn’t charge the phone and unrecognized by sync 3

I replaced the sync 3 back to sync 2 and the usb light hub comes on but it does not charge the phone or connect to sync 2

I tried the master reset and turning the car off and on again after the reset. That did not work

I did notice the sync media hub has 2 usb mini connections on the back (one black cable and one gray cable from the ford to connect to the sync 2 hub

The sync 3 hub only has a connection for 1 mini sub connection

Is there a fuse or something I could’ve have tripped? Any suggestions would be helpful

Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Did you replace the hub when you upgraded to Sync 3?

It uses a more powerful hub. Then you can use CarPlay or android auto.

I actually put the sync 2 back in along with the sync 2 usb hub and there’s still no charge to the phone. Both the usb hub under the ashtray and the usb hub under the arm rest have no power

The usb hub has an active blue light on.

There might be a chance that wires are switched into the hub. Or something is not plugged in all the way.

There might be a chance that wires are switched into the hub. Or something is not plugged in all the way.
On the sync 3 hub and the sync 2 hub both didn’t charge the phone. You think it it’s one of the two mini usb cables shorted or ?

Back