• Register Today It's free!

2016 Ford PIU P0532 code

Gportela

Reaction score
City, State
Peoria az
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford interceptor uti
Posted in the PIU section but not sure everyone gets to see it so posting here as well.

I recently purchased a 2016 PIU & was told the AC didn't work. When i got the unit home the AC worked fine....for 2 weeks. The day before my son was to leave to school, the AC went out. I hooked up the code reader & got a P0532:00-2F code A/C (air conditioning) Refrigerant Pressure Sensor A Circuit Low.

I tested the compressor with my volt meter & thought it was bad so I replaced it. The compressor was fine, it was a ground lead on my volt meter that was bad. So I now have a new compressor in there & still same issue.

The line holds vacuum. I tried to refill but the compressor shuts down during the process & pulls the code again. I can jump the relay & itll start up again but then the fuse blows. I then put in a higher rated fuse & it will blow as well.

I replaced the sensor that is located on the high side on the line that comes out of the compressor, still same issue.

Since the code reads sensor A, is there a sensor B & where is it located

Anyone run into this issue & if so what did you look at to figure it out?

Thx in advance

What is the fuse number?

How do you test a compressor with a voltmeter?

There is no "sensor B".

Di you follow any of the diagnostic routine for the P0532?

What is the fuse number?

How do you test a compressor with a voltmeter?

There is no "sensor B".

Di you follow any of the diagnostic routine for th

Sorry for delay, i swapped cars with my son & now have his car back at home.

I am not sure which fuse it was at the time.
I tested the compressor clutch with the multimeter, i was doing this based on a video on Utube. As stated before I replaced the compressor & still have the same issue. I also replaced the pressure sensor & same issue.

After replacing the compressor I vacuumed the line & it held the vacuum. when i tried to add refrigerant, the clutch would engage, system would take half a can & then the clutch would shut down again.

Im not sure what diagnostic your referring to.

Since i now have the vehicle at home I am looking to start trouble shooting the system.

Back