• Register Today It's free!

2016 Low beam LED angle too high?

matt88

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 XLT/03 GrandCherokee
I drive a lot of country roads at night, and with just the low beam LEDs I get flashed by the high beams of opposing traffic frequently - mainly if I'm on an upslope.

Any other 16 owners get high beams flashed at them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I drive a lot of country roads at night, and with just the low beam LEDs I get flashed by the high beams of opposing traffic frequently - mainly if I'm on an upslope.

Any other 16 owners get high beams flashed at them?

I have a '16 Platinum and haven't been flashed by oncoming traffic. The LED headlights appear to have a very abrupt cut-off at the top, so if they're aimed correctly, they shouldn't bother oncoming drivers.

I believe the owners manual contains a section on how to adjust the headlight aim, so maybe you can adjust yours down a bit?

The LEDs are definitely bright.
I was in front of one a few weeks ago on a long single lane stretch of road and boy was it distracting.

I'm voting for Trump because he's going to put a stop to these blinding lights!

At certain angles, they are very bright. And I love them. I do get "flashed" a lot though. Then I turn on my high beams to show them I'm not being a jag...

Are they adjustable like the 2011 - 2015s? That was the nice thing about projectors.

Are they adjustable like the 2011 - 2015s? That was the nice thing about projectors.
Yes they are according to the manual.
Vertically only.

Peter

I tilted the angle downward today using a 1/2" socket. Easily turns by hand. I marked the spot on my garage wall before and after so I can return if need be.

Now we'll wait and see.

I can tell you that the LED headlights and fogs put out an impressive amount of light and time will tell if i get the oncoming flashes.

I have noticed a pattern: I only get flashed if the road suddenly causes the car's angle to pitch up relative to oncoming traffic. I think that because the lights have such an abrupt cutoff line, there is no gradual onset of light towards the oncoming traffic. To them, it may appear as though I just turned ON my highbeams.

i was wondering how the new 2016 leds looks like on the road ?

any pic or video ?

This was with the LED fogs on as well
20151117_054906-M.jpg

i get flashed in my 13 with halogen ALL the time! i guess the tradition will continue when we pick up our platinum Friday!!!! Cant wait.

i get flashed in my 13 with halogen ALL the time! i guess the tradition will continue when we pick up our platinum Friday!!!! Cant wait.

You can adjust the 13s and I think you can adjust the 16s too.

If that is the case, perhaps you should have them checked for proper adjustment. I would guess they are aimed too high.

Peter

they are aimed perfectly per two different dealers, they are just perceived as being to bright by oncoming traffic.

they are aimed perfectly per two different dealers, they are just perceived as being to bright by oncoming traffic.
Very unusual. I can't recall any other posts where members state this (flashing) seems to be happening on a regular basis when running the stock halogens. In fact there don't seem to be many either from those running the HID headlights.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

been flashed probably once since owning it... i've found that the default low beam LED was angled perfectly for cars.. i never really see it flooding the other person's cabin.. seems to cut off right at their trunk. I think it is pretty bright in regards to residual brightness though.

my2cents.

Back