2016 Problems installing front turn signal LED bulbs | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Problems installing front turn signal LED bulbs

So now you likely won't be notified if a bulb burns out or if you have an issue with them.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So now you likely won't be notified if a bulb burns out or if you have an issue with them.

Peter
True, But these are LED bulbs with life time warranty ( I went for decent with proper heat sinks not cheap ones off ebay). Also these are the same light that flash when you lock your car and are also the DRL, so you will know if they stop working.

Look to see what your flasher # is, then look up that number as an LED flasher, just change the flasher. I did the same thing on my F350 when I went all LED, it was a $15 flasher from NAPA.

In case anyone else is having hyper flash issues, This is how I was able to fix it, No need to install load resisters etc ( after all idea is not to draw loads of current). I went into Forscan software and in the Configuration section BDCM module and disable the turn signal fault detection. This seem to restore the blinking to normal rate.

Yup, I concur. FORSCAN is the way to go on this one.

Look to see what your flasher # is, then look up that number as an LED flasher, just change the flasher. I did the same thing on my F350 when I went all LED, it was a $15 flasher from NAPA.
The 5th gen Explorer doesn't use a physical "flasher" unit. I believe the Body Control Module (BCM) controls them.

Peter

Back