2016 Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost "Chugging" on cold starts | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost "Chugging" on cold starts

I've tried to replicate this issue and nothing so far.
My driveway is also an incline and I let the car "roll" forward after starting without using any thorttle and it went forward without any issues.

Did the same thing in reverse and went torwards the garage without any issues also.

I'm just hoping I don't get all of the reported issues in one go...lol!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wonder if it's related in any way to the throttle body that the 2016's are having issues with? :dunno: Anyone with a replaced throttle body having this issue?

Peter

I think it is a turbo only issue that I am having. Very minor and I don't think the EB 3.5's have had T-body issues.

I think it is a turbo only issue that I am having. Very minor and I don't think the EB 3.5's have had T-body issues.

So far, only one owner of a 2016 Sport has reported here of having a bad TB.
Majority were XLT and Limited with the NA engine.

I get this stutter in my 16 Sport. It has always done it, but goes away after 20-30 seconds. I have always thought it's a little weird but never really worried about it.

Mine does this as well when cold even on a 100 deg day. I have 3700 miles.

I wonder if it's related in any way to the throttle body that the 2016's are having issues with? :dunno: Anyone with a replaced throttle body having this issue?

Peter
Yes, I just had the throttle body swapped and the chugging is still there. The dealership can't seem to figure it out. They've had it for 2 months now. If they figure it out, I'll post the info.

Yes, I just had the throttle body swapped and the chugging is still there. The dealership can't seem to figure it out. They've had it for 2 months now. If they figure it out, I'll post the info.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Back