2017 Rear DVD entertainment System Slimline 7 auxiliary on Sync Help Needed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Rear DVD entertainment System Slimline 7 auxiliary on Sync Help Needed

Steve W 39

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum
Hello all, just got my new Explorer Platinum last week and signed up to the forum today.
Love the vehicle and everything about it.
Got the factory rear headrest DVD option and was setting it up over the weekend.
I have the remotes and headphones set up.
However I have been trying all weekend to find how I can control both of them from the driver seat and listen through the cars speakers.
I read that you can use the wireless FM transmitter thru DVD "A". I set that up and tried all 5 frequencies on the radio, but each is very poor quality.
I read somewhere that the rear DVD system should pop up on the sync screen under auxiliary when on, however I don't see it anywhere.
I really want to be able to control them from my driver seat and when both screens are on the same movie then we can hear thru the car speakers.
Does anyone know how to set it up ?
(I am in NJ, but had the car delivered from Ohio, so can't stop by that dealer to have them look)

Welcome to the Forum Steve.:wave:
There haven't been any posts on the DVD system in the 2017 IVT sub forum. That DVD system name also seems new. I recall the name Invision DVD Headrests being used on previous year models with Sync 2.

Peter

Thanks Peter.
Yes I have seen some other treads about them.
I think they are just a slightly updated version of the revolution series, but work exactly the same way.
I saw on youtube that a Expedition with the slightly older version could be used thru the Sync system as an auxiliary, but my dealer has not been great.

Back