2023 Shipped still waiting for delivery. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2023 Shipped still waiting for delivery.

D Mar

Reaction score
City, State
Springfield Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 explorer ST line
I ordered a 2023 ST line April 13 been jacked around ever since finally received email 3:24 AM September 29, 2023 saying it was shipped and on the way and it’s still hasn’t arrived as of today October 7.
How long does it take to ship a car from Chicago to Taylorville Illinois 30 minutes south east of Springfield Illinois which is about a 3 1/2 hour drive. I know there is other cars to be delivered most likely before mine and the dealership doesn’t even know what’s going on

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Have you personally checked the status of your order to see if indeed it shows 'Shipped'?
My Aviator was ordered on Oct. 31st, shipped on Sept. 12th and finally arrived at the dealership on Sept. 29th.
There are various things that can affect delivery times regardless of distance. After mine had been in transit for 10 or so days I called my salesman and he was able to tell me where it was. It was in Montreal, a little more than an hour's drive away. That was on Sept. 26th.

Peter

I am currently awaiting a 23 timberline. The Ford tracker says the last update was in July. However, I’m being told that it was put on convoy in July. The original delivery date was through 6 October then it was moved through the 9th and now the end date is the 13th. Has anyone had experience with this? Is this truck just sitting on a car carrier somewhere since July?
They stated “As of, Jul-24-2023, 23:58 ET your vehicle was shipped Convoy - Convoy # CH4218271 (Translogix Llc ).”

Vehicle order is D523

Vin 1FMSK8JH4PGB49689

I ordered a 2023 ST line April 13 been jacked around ever since finally received email 3:24 AM September 29, 2023 saying it was shipped and on the way and it’s still hasn’t arrived as of today October 7.
How long does it take to ship a car from Chicago to Taylorville Illinois 30 minutes south east of Springfield Illinois which is about a 3 1/2 hour drive. I know there is other cars to be delivered most likely before mine and the dealership doesn’t even know what’s going on
I’ve contacted my dealership and Ford several times and they say it shipped and they don’t know where it’s at or when it’ll be here just that it’s in transit on its way

I’ve contacted my dealership and Ford several times and they say it shipped and they don’t know where it’s at or when it’ll be here just that it’s in transit on its way
I'm guessing that info was in response to my post. If it was shipped on or around the 29th of September and today being Oct. 8th, I doubt there is anything to worry about since it has only been 10 days. It took mine 17 days.

Peter

I am currently awaiting a 23 timberline. The Ford tracker says the last update was in July. However, I’m being told that it was put on convoy in July. The original delivery date was through 6 October then it was moved through the 9th and now the end date is the 13th. Has anyone had experience with this? Is this truck just sitting on a car carrier somewhere since July?
They stated “As of, Jul-24-2023, 23:58 ET your vehicle was shipped Convoy - Convoy # CH4218271 (Translogix Llc ).”

Vehicle order is D523

Vin 1FMSK8JH4PGB49689
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
What does the Ford tracker show? Until it arrives at the dealership, it should remain in 'Shipped' or 'In transit' status. It will go to 'Final prep' once delivered. Most vehicles are shipped from Chicago by rail. "Convoy" does not necessarily mean 'truck'. It has been a very long time since it was shipped and I would think that with the info you have, with the shipping info and shipper, someone should be able to track it down.
Check out this post regarding the carrier. 2022 XLT 202A Ordered!

Peter

Back