2WD Aerostar - Front shock bolt size & spring insulator parts store request. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2WD Aerostar - Front shock bolt size & spring insulator parts store request.

sam.g

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Aerostar XLT 2WD
Hey all,

Proud owner of a new-to-me '97 XLT here, 144k miles and a lot of overdue maintenance.

I've been overhauling the brakes and suspension and am going to tackle the front shocks and springs next. I want to make sure I have all the parts on hand before starting the job and I have these two issues:

I found a thread on this forum detailing front shock replacement. The parts list on that is M8-1.25 30mm flange bolts and M8 jam nuts for the lower mounting points. However, the shocks that are currently on there are installed with bolts that take a 10mm wrench, so definitely smaller than M8 (which normally take a 13mm wrench I believe). Anyone know for sure what the correct bolt size is? My Haynes is quiet on the subject.

Secondly, anyone know a good source for front and rear coil spring insulators?

Thanks!

Sam
Oakland, CA

A few options for the front coil spring insulators, Dennis Carpenter sells a rubber insulator that fits. Part # 8A-5415-A. I've read but not verified that the 96-98 rear insulators for a toyota rav4 work, and fox body mustang front insulators.

Back